K7N2GM2-ILSR Window 7 Compatibility











My attempt to install Windows 7 on my K7N2GM2-ILSR based media center was successful. I did get hung up a little getting the nForce2 Network Adapter working but using the instructions below I was able to get all of the drivers working.
  1. Follow the instructions here to obtain and install the Windows XP nforce drivers (this works for everything except the network adapter in my case.
  2. Download "NF123LR1.0.zip" from http://nf2.stuff.googlepages.com/
  3. Unzip
  4. In Device Manager, right click the network adapter, choose "Update Driver Software...", click "Browse My Computer For Driver Software", "Let me pick form a list of device drivers...", "Have Disc", and then browse to "%Expanded_NF123LR1.0_Folder%\Ethernet\PreNRM\WinXP"
  5. Finally, reboot and you should have a working network adapter!

Comments

Popular Posts