Firefox Web Developer Toolbar Disappeared!

I ran into a strange problem today where my Web Developer Toolbar in Firefox 3 suddenly disappeared. The options were still available under Tools/Web Developer but the toolbar itself was blank. Here is what I did to get it back:

Make sure that you have the Web Toolbar enabled by right-clicking in any empty toolbar space and checking Web Developer Toolbar. Next right click again in the same area and choose "Customize...". In the pop-up window, click the "Restore Default Set" button and then "Done". Your toolbar should now be visible. In my case, only the icons were displayed until I went into the toolbar options and on the General tab choose "Display Toolbar With: Icons and Text"

I hope this helps somebody else!

Comments

TrendsWave.com said…
I had the exact same problem.
Thanks to you, I now have my valuable toolbar back.

Thank You Very Much.

Frank
Sam Nelson said…
that fixed it. Thanks!
DouglasT said…
That was annoying, thanks for the answer.
Unknown said…
You rock! Thanks for finding that out
Robert said…
Yup, this just helped me, too. Thanks a ton.
Devlin said…
Thank you so much I had the same problem and was going nuts trying to figure it out!
willdonovan said…
I lost mine on Firefox 3.6 after I installed the Google Toolbar
Rosie said…
Thanks for this!
Mike Blyth said…
Thanks for the great tip!I
Dipti Mamidala said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dipti Mamidala said…
thanks!!! its worked for me
MoonKat said…
Thanks! I had this problem when I upgraded to FF 4. I'm glad the solution was so simple.
Mike said…
You rock! Thanks !
Mike said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leon Victor said…
Also i Have seen this type of problem many times and found the solution as same as yours.

Popular Posts