Its been over 12 days since my last confession...

As a good friend mentioned to me today, "That "blog everyday" idea was kind of short lived". So true! Life has been a little hectic since returning to work from some much needed vacation. I've been working on an Air based mobile app for the last month and getting that out the door has kept me pretty busy.

We had a bit of a set-back submitting the iOS version to Apple this weekend. I had followed all of the steps precisely for creating certificates and provision profiles, but kept getting a "codesign verification failed" error when uploading the application. I had convinced myself that the issue was on the Adobe tools side since that was the only non-Apple part of the equation (yep, I bought the market pitch too). So Monday morning I started working with Adobe support and confirmed that I had done everything correctly. However we decided to try and revoke all my certificates, regenerate them and package the app all over again. That's when we noticed that the Apple developer site was suddenly down for maintenance and would remain that way until late in the evening. At one point I was able to login just long enough to see a red message box on the page that said their certificate servers and developer portal were undergoing maintenance and would be up "soon". The Adobe Support rep and I decided that we would need to wait for Apple to get their act together and try again the following morning. Later that evening, I decided to check Apple's site and it appeared to be up and running again. So, I went through and deleted all my previously created certificates, revoked them, rebooted, installed the AWWDRCA certificate (more info here), regenerated certs and provision profiles, and repackaged the app using the new certs. This time the upload completed successfully! So it turns out that Apple had been working on releasing the new 5.1 sdk and in the process screwed up something with the certificate generator. Nice of them to notify their developer community! That piece of information would have save me a boatload of hours over the weekend trying to get this thing submitted. Today I received an email from Apple apologizing for the downtime and that any certificates generated in the previous 4 days would need to be revoked and recreated. Apple, you make a lot of great products and hopefully you aren't adopting Facebooks release methodology:



Comments

Popular Posts