Post A Day In 2012

I've already failed at one of my New Years resolutions... I wanted to start writing more and sharing my daily learnings (and thus forcing myself to learn more) in 2012. My plan was to write a blog post every day starting yesterday. However I ended up being so worn out from doing things around the house that I put it off for this morning.

So, what did I learn on the first? Hmmm... lets see...

- Lapse It for Android is a pretty fun piece of software despite being yet another idea that I was planning to develop and didn't make the time to do. My son received a "grow your own crystal christmas tree" kit and I thought that would make for a cool time lapse movie. So, I propped my Xoom tablet up and ran Lapse It for about 13 hours at one frame every five minutes. you can see the results here. I think it turned out pretty interesting.
- Reading about Objectify for Google App Engine persistence. I have a few Android app ideas and I have been wanting to try out using Google App Engine for a while. So, I've been pouring through Google's documentation and stumbled on a link to the Objectify framework that was built to simplify some of the Google/Java data persistence complexities. I'll be writing more about this as I start to get my head around it and work with it more.

Comments

Popular Posts